Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Transformers Henkei! Starscream


Starscream and Megatron's reviews were originally going to be one entry, but I decided to make it a two-part deal. As I mentioned in the previous post, I recieved Takara's Transformers Henkei! Starscream and Megatron in the mail today, and I couldn't be happier with them. Starscream's mold has been around for awhile now and has seen several redecos and retools throughout the Classics and Botcon '07 lines, so there's not a great deal to say that hasn't already been said.


Unlike Henkei! Megatron, Takara's Starscream isn't drastically different than its Hasbro counterpart. Henkei! Starscream lost the blue nosecone and gained a richer red color, some white detailing, a painted face, and chromed missile launchers/null rays, akin to the chromed weapons found on many G1 transformers. Once again, I don't own the Hasbro release of this mold, but from the images I've seen online, I prefer the Takara release's more g1-accurate colors. Henkei! Starscream fits right in with fellow Classic Seekers Skywarp and Ramjet as their nefarious leader. He's just about the same size as his G1 incarnation, and is scaled nicely with Henkei! Megatron.

Again, I'll say that Henkei! Starscream is a must own, especially if you don't already own the Hasbro version of the mold.

There's much more on the horizon now that Iacon In Ruin has come out of stasis, so check back for more reviews, features about older figures, and plenty of pictures of that plastic goodness.

No comments: