Thursday, September 6, 2007

More Than Meets the Eye Pt. 1

So I've gone and created a Transformers blog. Like many others, I'm a life-long Transformers fan, raised on the ideal that freedom is the right of all sentient beings. I was a spoiled kid who took good care of his precious toys, so I still have a handful of old, mostly G2 figures, but the bulk of my collection is much newer. Including Transformers, I've always been a toy freak, collecting mostly designer and urban vinyl toys. It wasn't until the release of the first wave of Transformers Movie figures, however, that my passion for the shape-shifting robots was rekindled. Granted, most of the movie figures are decent at best, they reminded me why I loved the series to begin with: creativity, playability, and classic design. So, with my rediscovered obsession with Transformers in hand, I've embarked on a journey to collect all the toys I always wanted but never got, and all the new ones that excite the kid and collector in me. As stated in the blog description, the purpose of this site is to catalogue and discuss my obsession. I've got a bad case of Transformers on the brain, and no place else to vent it. I'll start with some photos of my collection so far as well as some standout pieces, and I'll often be posting figures that are at the top of my list. Hopefully I'll meet some fellow fans and collectors along the way. Also, I'll be working on the layout over the next couple days, so bear with any changes and fugliness until then.

No comments: