Monday, September 17, 2007

Exciting new additions

After a weeks long drought of new additions to the collection, I finally picked up a couple new figures. During a visit to my parents' house on Saturday, I rescued G2 Megatron, Armada Megatron, and G1 Headmasters Fangry from my old closet. I still have some Action Masters sets, 2 G2 laserrod figures, and a bunch of parts and accessories left there that I'll bring back once I have more room. All 3 toys are complete, but some of their accessories are mixed in with other toys at my parents'...so I know I have the complete accessories, I just have to do some digging to find them.

So bringing back some old toys was nice, but it was just to hold me over until I could get my hands on some new and exciting figures. As luck would have it I'd get my hands on one of my top most wanted transformers.

On Sunday, I really wanted to take a trip to The House of Fun in Marlton, NJ, but they're closed until Tuesday. Instead, the fiancee and I made a last minute decision to travel up towards my old house again for a bridal expo. On the way, we stopped at The Comic Collection, a tiny comic/toy shop i used to frequent. I mainly wanted to stop because I had a couple bucks to spend and thought I remembered seeing some G2 Spychangers there a while back. No dice on the spychangers, but I found something that was much more satisfying. I'll be posting a full review of this most important acquisition next.

Also, on the way back to Philly, we stopped at a Wal*Mart so I could run in and pick up a Cybertron Excellion that I'd spotted a few days earlier, and I couldn't resist getting Cybertron Dark Crumplezone as well.

So all in all, Sunday provided my biggest and most exciting haul in a while. Made my weekend, and definitely made up for not being able to get to The House of Fun.

No comments: